In this day and age, it is very rare that meals are cooked in the kitchen and eaten at the table. Due to our busy work lifestyles and social calendars, many of our meals are scarfed down at our desk two minutes before the next conference call begins or driving to the next appointment with a client.
We understand, meal planning is not on the top of our list of to dos each week, but if you plan on making bigger strides in your workout routine or would like to see better results in your body composition - some changes will need to be made.
Here are 5 easy tips to eat healthy on the go:
1. Eat a healthy meal before you leave the house. The purpose of this meal is to help keep you full and satisfied, so that when you are on the go - you stay away from the junk. This meal should be filled with the following:
2. Pack Snacks to go! If you know your day is filled with meetings or running around, pack your bag with some healthy options. This will help you avoid the drive through windows and temptations to stop for an unhealthy option.
3. Eating out at a restaurant or conference - use this simple formula when building your plate. Keep the protein, ditch the bun, & add some greens and fruit. Your body will thank you when you aren’t falling asleep in your chair once 2pm comes around!
4. Pack airport friendly snacks. Unfortunately, there are not great options when it comes to food at airports or what is given to you on the plane. Save yourself some money and pack appropriately into your carry-on!
5. Use meal prep services or grocery store delivery if you are gone for an extended period of time, or don’t have time to grocery shop or meal prep on the weekend. Many grocery stores now offer you the opportunity to have your groceries at your doorstep by the end of the day. We also love using meal delivery services like Mighty Meals or Territory to bulk order specific foods, or have entire meals prepped for the week. It truly takes the guesswork out of what to eat for the week. Even if you are on the go in a different state, do a little bit of research beforehand to see what your options are.
For even more tips, visit one of our favorite blog posts from Precision Nutrition - 25 ways to eat well on the go.
Eating on the go is a CHOICE, not an EXCUSE.
At Bodymass, we want to support you while you are in the gym, and while you are afar. If you have additional questions on how to eat your best while on the go, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Written By: Megan Osysko, Personal Trainer & Precision Nutrition Coach
Schedule a Nutrition Consult with Megan: email@example.com